Eid Mubarak


It’s Raya tomorrow everybody! If you’re living in Brunei that is, if you’re in Malaysia or in other countries, I bet you’re already full by stuffing all those yummy food in your tummy, especially Raya cakes. Mmmm.

While those in Brunei just finished our last day of puasa for this year and I know that most of you are still not done cleaning your houses even when it’s Raya tomorrow. Tsk tsk, you guys shouldn’t procrastinate a lot and start cleaning your houses earlier. Ha! Who am I kidding? My house is still not ready for Raya! I have been telling myself to clean the house for a few days and I have only started cleaning yesterday. Sigh. But don’t worry; I’ll make sure the house is ready for tomorrow.

Anyhow, I’m not going to blab more on that but instead, I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a blessed Eid Mubarak! I sincerely apologize for all my wrongdoings whether it was intentionally or otherwise. I know I have made a lot of mistakes in the past and I will for sure make more mistakes in the future but I am deeply sorry all the mistakes that have hurt any of you in any way possible.

I’m only human; it’s inevitable for us not to make any mistakes but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel bad for all the mean things that I have done. I’m not sure if all my mistakes will be forgiven or not but here I am, apologizing for my mistakes. It doesn’t matter if I am not forgiven but at least I apologized and that’s what matters most to me. 

Over the years I have learned many things, and when I say many, I mean A LOT. I have grown to know which is ACTUALLY right and wrong. And in the process of me getting to know these things, mistakes were made and I don’t regret any of them at all. Yes you may think, “You don’t regret hurting someone at all?” Of course I do, but then again all the mistakes I have made, I take those as lessons for the future so I won’t make the same mistakes again.

It was hard for me accept my mistakes at first, I would get upset for days, I would shut people out but after that I realized, wow, that was not a good feeling. I was lonely, I was cranky and everything else. I didn’t like how I felt when I was upset and with that I told myself I need to change the way I think.
I trained myself to accept my mistakes and turn them into lessons for the future, although there were times I just feel like I couldn’t take it so I just broke down BUT I made sure once I’m done with that, I would never look back on it ever again. I would just drop everything and let it go. It wasn’t easy but I definitely felt better once it was over.

So what I’m trying to say here is that, I know you must regret doing something you shouldn’t have done but instead of thinking negatively about it, why don’t we turn it around? Let’s turn “I made a mistake! This is horrible.” … to “I made a mistake. That’s ok, I’ll take this as a lesson.” And with that mindset, I can guarantee you will feel much better.

Though, I have to remind you guys that, all your mistakes, even if you think it’s a small mistake, make sure you apologize. It may be a small thing to you but it might not be to the person you’ve hurt. We will never know someone’s true feelings because they can fake it and pretend it’s ok but you will never know if the things you said, or the things you did actually upset them. 

So lets all take Raya as an opportunity to drop our ego and just apologize. They might think that was insincere and just apologizing because its Raya but who cares right? You know your intentions better than anyone and even if they don’t forgive you, at least you apologized. So lets clear all the hatred, the tension, and just enjoy our Raya.

I loveeeee Hari Raya because that’s when everyone get together and just be with each other! There’s nothing I love more than spending time with the people I love…. And food. Raya food is always so good. I can’t wait to stuff myself with yummy food and I can’t wait to see everyone’s dresses tomorrow! Well I’m mostly excited for the food. Hehe.

So again I would like to say Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri Maaf Zahir dan Batin to all Muslims! May we have a blessed Eid Mubarak!

(Edited the picture myself, sigh why am I not creative)



Sabrina

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Here is the latest Eid Wishes for people. Just copy and paste to your friends timeline...

    ReplyDelete