Inspired by Jenn Im's Girl Next Door makeup!

It’s been approximately two weeks since we welcomed Syawal and I hope all of you enjoyed, or are still enjoying the festive season unlike me… why? Because I have been sick since the 4th day of raya. I know, it sucks. I had plans on going out to visit more of my friends’ houses but I got really sick to the point that I could not leave my bed. I’m much better now compared to the first week, Alhamdulillah but I am on the verge of losing my voice. Sigh. That’s okay. I hope I’ll get better before semester starts, which will be next weeek! Yikes.




So today I want to talk about my makeup on the 4th day of raya, before I got really sick which was inspired by Jenn Im’s Girl Next Door! I got the idea to talk about them because of my friend, Diyana Amin. She asked me something about makeup and I showed her the picture and I thought, hey why not blog about this! So here I am! She’s also a blogger guys, go check her out at diyana-a.blogspot.com!

So lets get started!


First, base makeup which consists of primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder.
For the primer I used, benefit’s porefessional. I have to say this is one of the Holy Grail products! No one can say no to this product, NO ONE. I love how its very light on the face, it doesn’t give that gooey feeling like some primers do and it really does hide your pores. So I just put a reasonable amount on my face, because honestly you only need a bit. A bit goes a long way with this one guys.

So next, foundation. For foundation, I mix Cyber Colors’ Essence UV Liquid Foundation and Lo’Real True Match Foundation. I know in my previous make up post I said I wouldn’t change my foundation because I really loved my Revlon foundation but I ran out of it and I searched the whole of Brunei for it and they didn’t have the shade that I want. I KNOW. I was devastated so I bought the Lo’Real foundation out of desperation but I have to say it does its job but it makes my face oily after a while.

As for Cyber Colors’, I bought this when I was in Singapore when I was searching for the Revlon foundation as well but then I got this one instead. So far I’m really loving this product… It covers up well, it doesn’t make my face that oily and it’s very light on the skin. Which I love because I hate suffocating my skin with heavy foundation. So, I mix both of the foundation and just dab it all over my face with my beauty blender.

Concealer, I used Revlon’s ColorStay concealer and I honestly just concealed under my eyes because everything else has been covered up by the foundation. Mostly. Which I really really love too! So after everything is done, I set my face with Bare Mineral’s Mineral Veil. I’m loving this product too because, again, it’s very lightweight, and it’s translucent so it doesn’t add color to my skin.


On to the brows, I love doing my brows after I have finished the base makeup and before I work on my eyes. I don’t know why but it’s become a habit and I like it like that too. So I used, Benefit’s Browzings in the shade “dark”. Honestly at first I didn’t like this product but I just kept using it because I thought it would be a waste. Though eventually I came to like it and I use it everyday now. So yay! I don’t know how to describe me doing my eyebrows because again, I have not mastered in this area yet but I’ll just tell you how I did it anyway. First, I brush my eyebrows so it won’t look like it’s all over the place and then I just slowly fill in my eyebrows with the product. I just follow the shape of my eyebrows because I don’t pluck them. I don’t know how but I don’t really care about them anyway. Haha. So after I fill them in, I put some concealer besides my eyebrows (if that makes sense) to make it less messy.


As for the eyes, I don’t use any eye primer because I don’t own one and that has to change but I don’t really use eye shadow that much anyway so I guess that’s why I still don’t have it till now. So I go straight on the eye shadows and I used the NAKED 3 palette, BUT before that I used the NYX Eye Jumbo Pencil in Yoghurt as the base of my eye shadow and I love love the color. It’s really pretty. And after that I go on and took the shade “Limit” and just place that all over my lid and to the inner corner of my eyes. Then I took a brown pencil liner and just draw a line with a slight wing and took the shade “Liar” and just blend it with the brown eyeliner. And lastly I took the shade “Factory” and just place them in the middle towards the end of my eyes. After everything, I just blend them all together.


NEXT! Eyeliner and Mascara. For eyeliner, I used Stilla’s “stay all day waterproof liquid eye liner” and just draw a slight cat eye, which I just realized I am terrible at so I hope you guys can do that with ease! I didn’t like the way it looked on me when I did it. Sigh. That’s okay. So for the eyelashes, first I curl my lashes and put on an eyelash base from Etude which I bought in Singapore as well. I’m not so sure if they sell it here though. I have to check that out soon. So anyway, after I apply them to my eyelashes then I applied my favorite mascara, YES still the NYX Le Chick Flick waterproof mascara. I love this product. And good news everyone! I know some people say that even with waterproof eyeliners and mascaras, they will still smudge if you have an oily face BUT guess what! They did not smudge at all! I kid you not. I was happy I didn’t have to rub off the smudges under my eyes. Finally.



Almost done guys, next are the bronzer, blusher and highlighter. For the bronzer I use NYX’s Matte Bronzer and just use the “3” technique to apply them on my face. I’ve been loving this bronzer as it doesn’t make my face look dark and it’s very lightweight as well. I am all for lightweight product guys. Then I go on to apply the blusher I use from this NAKED FLUSHED palette, and I love this color too, it’s not too pink, it gives out that “rosy cheeks” look which you know I love so much. I used the highlighter from the palette as well, and just apply them on the highest part of my cheeks and on the centre of my nose.


Last but not least, the lips! I used Estee Lauder’s lipstick in the shade CANDY. This is such a nice color. I love this lipstick and as you can see, I’ve used most of them and it doesn’t look pretty anymore. Sorry for that guys!

SO, that is all! I know this is such a long post but I figured that I’d talk about it. Till next time guys.

Sabrina

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hello! Came across you blog! Nice makeup! :D btw, may i know where you get the beauty blender and NYX product? Thanks in advanced! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much! :D!! I bought both the beauty blender and all my NYX products at Shop@Sarah's in Kiulap Mall!

      Thanks for reading our blog! Appreciate it! :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the information! <3

      Delete
  2. You are Struggling to get the smooth and flawless texture with foundation. Check out these How to Apply Foundation For Beginners to get the perfect look.

    ReplyDelete