A baby at CrossFit


So… I told myself that I wasn’t going to talk about CrossFit until the day that I have achieved at least something and today was that day. It may be a small achievement but I’m proud of myself for it.

I joined CrossFit almost a month ago, just before Ramadhan and honestly, the reason for me actually going was just to “accompany” Liyana cause she has been asking me to go for monthssss and I finally gave in to her. The first class was quite easy for me because I didn’t do all the hardcore workouts like everybody did. Well, since it was my first day. So I thought hey this isn’t so bad… until I saw others’ faces after they finished their workout! That, to be honest, scared me but since I enjoyed my first class so I was like why not come again. So I did. Until I became an official member. OH! AND, the fun thing about my first class was, I met my kindergarten teacher!! She’s also a member but I rarely see her now cause we WOD at different times. Hope to see her again soon!


As what I was saying…..


The classes after that were getting harder and harder for me to the point that I sometimes didn’t finish the workout. I completely gave up! Which made me upset but I just couldn’t do it that time. Though, among all the WODs, there was one WOD that disappointed me so much, which, involved running. I HATE running!! I can’t emphasize that enough. I can never run as fast as others, I can’t even jog that far without feeling tired. With that mindset, I sadly didn’t finish the WOD but that disappointment made me want to push myself harder. I told myself, Ok, you can’t run…. YET. So lets train! And the next time I went for CrossFit, I went outside to run for my warm up. (I usually row for warm ups instead of running, just so you know.)

SO today’s workout involved running, AGAIN. I was very nervous for it because I obviously didn’t have a lot of time to train but I did it anyway. AND I finally, FINALLY finished the WOD today! Despite being the last one to finish running, and the last one to finish the WOD, I finally did it! *Pats self on the back. I honestly couldn’t do it without the support from others! I felt like giving up in the middle when I saw it was almost time to stop but their support kept me going. I can’t thank them enough. So yay! Ran today, and actually finishing a WOD. *happy dance! Even though the moment I finished, I dropped down and just lied there for a solid 2 minutes (or more). Not even kidding.


Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments