#dUCKxBowerHausOOTD Competition

I have always enjoyed doing #ootds even though most of them are just me awkwardly posing for the camera but a little over a month ago, #dUCKgroup or #dUCKscarves posted an online competition. I was kinda busy that time to even check my instagram for a few days so I heard the news from my cousin.

Their competition was just a simple one, post up an ootd featuring their latest dUCK collection that they collaborate with Bowerhaus. By the time my cousin told me about the competition, there were only two days left to enter. Seeing how the plan that day was involved us going to the beach, my cousin thought, hey why not do an ootd and post it up! One problem though - I didn't have the scarf that they wanted a picture of but my cousin, holla at @yasty, the one who suggested me to do the ootd, has TWO so I borrowed one from her.

So, I mentioned earlier on that my ootds are just me awkwardly posing so it was kind of hard for me to get the idea on how to pose for the camera. I got my little sister, holla to @syahirahfirzanah to help me take the photos. She takes amazing photos guys, I was just the one who was awkward. After a few poses I figured, alright, I have a slim chance on winning anyway so I'll just try and post up two candid photos she took.

The day for announcing the winners came and to my surprise, amongst all the 600+ (or less) photos that were posted, that one picture out of two I posted up was selected. It was a surprise to me because I was constantly checking the other entries and a lot of other girls posted up prettier photos than I did. Theirs had good lighting, creative ideas, not to mention prettier poses, prettier faces, basically prettier everything! So imagine my surprise to be one of the lucky ones.

Although I am so humbled by the response; a lot of people who I didn't know congratulated me and loved my picture. It was honestly a good feeling and it's these little things that boost up my self-confidence that encourage me to continue doing what I did. So I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the dUCKgroup for selecting my photo! And thank you to my cousin @yasty for lending me your scarf (or else I wouldn't be able to enter) and to my little sister @syahirahfirzanah for your amazing photography skills!

This seems like a small thing to most but it's one of the moments that made me feel better about myself and quite honestly, I needed it.

So to wrap up, below are pictures of the gifts that I took as well as the picture that was selected.







You May Also Like

0 comments