Sister from another mister

by - 00:00:00

Happy birthday Liyana!


When I first saw Liyana, I thought, "nah man I don't think I'll ever be friends with her." Now now, not that I didn't want to but it was because that our worlds were just too far apart and I thought we'll never collide but boy was I wrong. After enrolling in the same university, having the exact same classes and major, along with our late night study sessions that usually involved food (mostly Jollibee), we've both grown really close to each other and I realized that we're both pretty similar and this girl ain't so bad. We eventually learned that we're actually related so the bond got stronger.

When people ask me about Liyana and what type of person she is, I would always take a very long time to answer. She's not like any other pretty girl you meet, she's different - a good different. I have always admired the way she speaks her mind, her burning passion in doing what she loves, how she views the world, how she approaches things in a mature way (most of the time), how she can still put up a smile on her face after a rough day and a lot others that I can't think of right now. In short, this girl is simply amazing. 

We've only known each other for a little over three year (or has it been four years? I don't remember) but it's obvious that she's one of those whom I cherish the most. We've grown so close that if I were to walk around campus alone, people would ask "hey where's Liyana?". And not only that, people even say we look alike now! It's no surprise to us anymore when people say that to our faces (not that we agree though) - Which reminds me of this one incident where we pranked one of our friends and told him that we're actually sisters and to our surprise, he actually believed it! We told him right away that we were just kidding though but he still saw me as "Liyana's sister" for a few weeks after that.

Though we're really close, we've never been those type of best friends who are always so incredibly, cringe-worthily sweet to each other but I guess, I can make today as an exception as this beautiful soul turns 22 today!


Happiest birthday to you Liyana (middle name) Sidek! May Allah bless you always and gives you nothing but happiness and joy to your life. I also pray that He will keep you and your family alongside your loved ones protected from harm always. May all the things you wish and desire come true! You're an amazing woman and you truly deserve every bit of sweetness that life has to offer We've experienced a lot of things together; both bitter and sweet but despite all, you're still stuck to me like glue and with that, I am incredibly thankful to still have you by my side till this very day. You've grown so much since the first time we met and I can't be more proud of you. Keep chasing your dream, keep working hard and neverrrr give up! Nothing is ever impossible for you. 

Thank you for always having my back and always be ready to kill those who hurt me (she said this herself) and especially thank you for being the best friend anyone could ever have! You may always photobomb me in all my pictures, sit on me whenever I lie down, always trying to steal my candies, going through my bag like it's yours, attempting to take away my cats and the list goes on, but regardless anything, you know I love you no less. Maybe when you laughed directly into my ears or when you threatened to take away my cats. Other than that I'm good. So happy birthday again Liyana. Enjoy your birthday and please stop rejecting my virtual hugs. 


Our first selfie together! When I attended toastmasters! 

This was when she photobombed my selfie

During her BOSE competition

We took this while waiting for our friend to come out of her house! 

Just a random selfie we took while waiting for our food at Rice Bowl

That day when we finally decided to get Henna together (She blogged about this!)

Another random selfie at Ricebowl

Our brunch date before she was off to Aussie for holiday last year
Our latest picture together. - During her raya open house!
And I only realized we were photobombed in this picture after I posted this up

NEW PHOTOS FROM HER BIRTHDAY!!!! 22/01/17





You May Also Like

0 comments