An angel with four legs

by - 15:49:00



The title to this post is kinda weird but as you read through, I'm sure you'll understand why. 

For as long as I live, I have never been afraid of lizards, spiders or even snakes; but there's one animal that can make me cry like no other and that is, cats. Yep. Those tiny, fluffy and adorable creatures have made me cry a river, possibly an ocean and even gave me nightmares. Well, it's safe to say I had a phobia of cats. 

It was horrible. 

I would cry with only the sight of cats. No matter how far away they were from me, my heart would beat like crazy and I would panic! On other days, I would just start crying right away. Things get worse when they're near especially if they want food. I would lift up my legs and start screaming for help. Probably crying and sobbing too - definitely not a pretty sight. 

But middle of last year, my aunt found four newborn kittens outside her house and they would run around our driveway. I was so scared that someone would run them over because they were so small. One day as I was going to go, I saw one of them running around behind my car so I gathered up the courage to lift one of them up and put it to the side because I was already really late and my phobia wasn't as important as this. But since then if I had some free time, I would go to where the kittens were and just play with them. I was still scared though so by play I mean just sit next to them and look at them cutely playing with each other. I got attached to one of the kittens but sadly, it was the first one to leave. I was heartbroken. 

A week plus after that, the same aunt brought back a cage full of adorable, slightly older kittens than the ones we had. So my mom asked if we wanted to adopt one and I was contemplating at first because we already had two and we barely knew how to take care of them so I thought having one more would be a handful. Though we decided to take one anyway. We took that one kitten that walked towards us while the rest ran away scared to some place else and we named him Kookie (We didn't know it was a he until after a couple of months, sorry Kookie). 

I wasn't used to having cats at home, obviously because all my life I was scared of them but Kookie changed it. I was so smitten by Kookie that he made me forget that I was ever afraid of cats. I'm so attached to Kookie and definitely biased. We've grown so close and I have to say that he's the most adorable cat I have ever met! (See, biased). 

      


Fast forward to last year, just a couple of days before my birthday; I got sick. By sick I mean really sick to the point that it hurts if I stand up. I didn't wanna eat, I didn't wanna get up, I didn't wanna do anything. It was too bad because my family had so many things planned that day but I had to stay behind. Kookie stayed with me the whole day, I kid you not. He was there sleeping next to me from morning till late afternoon! Initially he slept at the other side of my bed probably because it was more spacious but after a few hours I called for him to sleep next to me and he didn't hesitate. He came right away and lied there. I was so dizzy that I couldn't see him very well but I still had the energy to pet him. 



My family came home that afternoon and he went down to eat and play with them. My family left again that night for a family gathering and Kookie was still downstairs so I was feeling a bit lonely. I couldn't get up but my door was open so I shouted "KOOKIE" hoping he'd understand that meant to come up to me. He came right away because after a few seconds, I could hear Kookie's bell and it seemed that he was running to my room. Oh and, we gave him a collar with a bell because he always goes stealth mode and gives us a heart attack sometimes. He came to my room and slowly climbed up to my bed. It was the cutest sight! 

After a few minutes I felt my head throbbing and I was in so much pain; it hurt so much I cried! Kookie woke up and gave me the cutest meow and just went in my arms. I think he hugged me! I cried harder because of how cute he was. He stayed in my arms for a few minutes until he moved to sleep on my body. He just lied there until my family came back. I swear, it was one of the happiest moments of my life. 



To think that the one who was there for me when I needed someone the most was a cat, is just indescribable. They're so precious, HE is so precious. Even though he is not as clingy as he used to be, he'll always be my baby! Grow old with me, Kookie. PROMISE ME. 

Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments