Saved by technology


I’ve been wanting to write up a post on my trip to Singapore with my mom and my cousin earlier this June but I haven’t gotten around to do so because I was still choosing on which part to talk about. If I talked about the whole thing, this post would be never-ending as I spent 5 days there and I had quite an adventure. My mom went there for a business trip and since my cousin and I were free, we decided to tag along.

Before going to Singapore I was thinking whether I should buy their SIM Card or not because obviously I didn’t want to use my phone data while I was in another country, it would cost me a lot! But then I figured since my cousin has it, I’d just be with her at all time so I won’t actually need it. Though both of our phones were connected to the other phone with the SG SIM card using the phone’s personal hotspot so I still could surf the Internet using that. (If that was confusing; we had 3 phones, one had the SG SIM and two with Brunei SIM card.)

Upon going to Singapore, both my cousin and I listed down which places to visit and when we want to go there. So we went online and found out that every Wednesday, there will be pink dolphins at the underwater world! I am no doubt, a fan of pink so I was ecstatic when we found that out and decided we should just go that day.

Below: Pictures of a pink dolphin I took!




After visiting the ever so adorable pink dolphins, we figured we would go shopping at Vivo City before heading back to our hotel. I went to several shops there but I spent a lot of time at this one particular shop, which was Cotton On. Both my cousin and I knew I would take a while to finish shopping there because I like to go through every section of the store to see if anything captures my eyes. So knowing that, my cousin decided to go to other stores to buy some stuff and we would just meet up somewhere later.

After spending more than half an hour at cotton on, I decided to go to our meet up point but when I reached there I couldn’t find her so I figured she was still shopping at other stores. I wanted to ask her whereabouts but I couldn’t connect to any of the Wi-Fi there so I was just going around, trying to look for her but obviously couldn’t! So I told myself, I’ll just go back to Cotton On and wait for her there BUT as I passed a few shops, I noticed that I was connected to the Wi-Fi! So I quickly checked and I was connected to the personal hotspot so I went back to the few shops to see if my cousin were there and as I passed a sports shop, there she was, picking out jerseys for her brother.

I laughed to myself as I entered the store because I found it so funny on how I managed to find my cousin using that. But then after that I thought, hey, I was connected to the Wi-Fi, I should have just texted her instead of searching for her in every store I passed by. Sigh Bimbo moment right there but no worries, I love living life on the edge. You know what they say, everyday calls for a new adventure, and searching for my cousin like that was definitely a tiny part of it.  

So lesson for today is guys, always switch on your hotspot so it would be easier for them to find you or the other way around BUT make sure, if you’re connected to the Wi-Fi, please text them instead of being so adventurous and trying to search for them in every store like how I did. *facepalms

On a side note, I survived going around Singapore thanks to my cousin. She did basically everything; she checked spots on where to go, how to get there, how much money we needed, even before we went to Singapore. I am so thankful and so amazed by her, thank you dear cousin! So here gorgeous, this post is for you.





Sabrina


You May Also Like

0 comments