Breathe!


*blows off dust on our blog. Shoo dust; we don’t want people to get sick.

So today was kind of an off day for me, as I didn’t have anything to do and knowing that, I told myself to stay up last night and if you are close to me, you would know that I would already be asleep even before the clock strikes twelve. The earliest I could go to bed is at 9 – 9.30; yep, I am that old. I don’t know why though but I get really sleepy at those times and I just have to sleep it off or else I would get a headache. BUT I will not go in detail about how I actually have an old soul because I have another reason for writing this post.

I knew I didn’t have things to do today so I stayed up last night (as mentioned above) and of course knowing my body and my brain, I need at least 6 hours of sleep and I ended up waking up late this morning as well. And let me tell you… I’ve never felt so good in so long! I was SO happy that I got the chance to wake up late and stay in bed the whole morning. I was basically just lazy-ing around and I realized that it’s been a while since I got the chance to do that. I forgot how amazing it felt and so, I told myself that I should do this more often; I should give myself off days like these to recharge. Being busy is fun because you have things to do but having days to just stop and drop everything feels amazing too.

I know people, including myself have no choice but to constantly do our work BUT I feel that we need to step back and smell the flowers. Life is too short to worry about those things all the time, we might feel guilty not doing anything but I know we will be doing ourselves a favor. We shouldn’t be overworking our brain, that precious thing needs rest too and not to mention our body as well. 

So even if you’re busy with your work, your revisions (I know most of you guys are going to sit for big exams soon, GOOD LUCK!) and everything else BUT make sure you take a day off! Sleep in, make yourself some tea, read your favorite book, watch your favorite TV shows and just relax! Don’t overwork yourself; don’t stress yourself; stop and look around, time will not wait for you; you have to catch it every single time. You might feel guilty because you’re not doing your work but then it’s ok to just have a day without all that. At the end of the day you will be thankful for giving yourself a chance to breathe, and you will also be more energized to continue your work the next day.

So please just give yourself a day off to relax; you need it, your body needs it, your brain needs it and you definitely deserve it!



Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments