The Itch For Henna

Ever since the puasa month has started, I've had way too much free time on my hands during sahur so I find myself on Instagram looking at things I wish to purchase then later on forcing Sabrina to get them with me. Henna was one of them.

So the story goes like this:
One morning, I stumbled on an Instagram page (@nanazeehenna) and saw a picture of a beautiful henna design. I was immediately drawn to it and the next thing I knew, I was stalking this Instagram profile. I have never really given Henna a thought in the past or developed any special liking towards it but when I was scrolling through this page, the urge to get one done for myself grew increasingly strong! The designs were beautiful!

And then a week (or more) after that, (And after constantly reminding Sabrina about it), this happened! Hehe





Don't you guys think it's beautiful??

After watching the whole process of drawing (can you say that?) the design (free hand, mind you!) I have a new found respect for all artists alike out there! Hats off to you guys because I could never even draw a proper stick man with people watching me. I don't work well under pressure! Also I'm not very creative.

The owner of this business did these designs herself and she's amazing at it! We got the chance to chat with her a bit while she worked on our hands and she turns out to be a really friendly person! If you're interested in getting these beautiful designs on your hands in time for the festive season, she's the person to contact! Sabrina and I are so pleased with how it turned out.



And they had cupcakes too!!!

As I'm typing up this blog post, I'm admiring my hand at the same time!
I just have a few smudges because I accidentally wiped it all over my shirt and phone. Hehe

And of course, because it's fasting month, we ended our day with sungkai at Tasconi's! 


Was this information really necessary, you ask? It is when the food is this good! I know I can always count on Sabrina to snap photos of our food while I continue not to care when she tells me to put down my spoon and fork first.

So it's safe to say we both had a satisfying day out!

Mission Project Henna & Sungkai, Accomplished!

Liyana




You May Also Like

0 comments