Fun-filled Whee-kend

by - 22:00:00

 

It has only been one week after our mid-semester break ended and we had to go back to this place called university. Only one week and already, the amount of assignments thrown at us is unbelievable. Well I guess it's no surprise as we're going towards the end of the semester but this week has been quite stressful for me. Bad things happened since Monday and the day after was more or less the same.

It was all rain no sunshine kind of week as the following days were similar as well and thats when I told myself I needed to do something before things get worse. By worse I mean me, thinking negative about everything. So on Friday I had a little "me-time" as I told myself to take a break from everything and I honestly felt so much better at the end of the day.

And comes the weekend! A stress-free weekend I should say because thanks to the weekend, my stress level decreased.

There are two parts of my weekend and both consist of me spending time with my family!

1st part: Saturday night

My family from my mom's side came together for a "doa selamat" for my aunt who recently received an award during Teachers' day. She is obviously a teacher but she is also a part time student and as far as I know, she has been scoring mostly distinctions on her exams. I am really inspired by her as she is juggling a lot at one time but still managed to score distinctions. If you're not jealous of that then there must be something wrong with you.

Congratulations Aunty! 

We also celebrated the people whose birthdays are in October. AND I can't emphasize enough on how much I loved the cake that night! I've always, ALWAYS loved Bakerlyn's Snow White. We bought the cake for my dad's birthday last February and I thought last night needed a wonderful cake as that as well. So I told my mom to buy Snow White and she did, and my tummy was happy.

Doesn't that look yummy?

2nd part: Late Saturday night till Sunday Midday

Second part of my fun filled weekend was staying over night at Mangrove Resort Paradise at the new villa. My nephew turned one today and his family wanted to celebrate his birthday at Mangrove and they decided to let me tag along. I couldn't be happier when my cousin invited me because I thought that was what I needed to release my stress. What could be better than spending the time surrounded with amazing people, the river and the forest? Nothing!

The villa wasn't that big but it was enough to fit all of us. It consists of three bedrooms, one living room and one kitchen. There's also a Jacuzzi outside on the balcony but the water wasn't as warm-hot as I thought it would be. The buttons weren't working well though so I think that's part of the reason why.

This morning, we tried to catch the sunrise so we went up to the tower! It wasn't really a tall one but it was just right. Although we weren't patient enough to wait for the sun to actually rise up, the view was beautiful nonetheless. The one thing that disappointed me was seeing the river filled with trash/garbage. The view of the river and the forest was amazing but seeing garbage in the river was a definite turn off! But other than that, everything was amazing.



I wish to come with my own family here too someday! (Mom I know you are reading this so let's go next time!)

I also took the advantage of the beautiful view to capture my #ootd pictures. Hehe.




 and here is a picture of my two adorable cousins!


I also bumped into one of my close friends as I was on my way to my car. We've met each other at the same place before too and it's funny that it happened again!


On a different note, I just wanna say Happy birthday to my cousin and my nephew!!

Arif Fayyadh

Nurul Kamaliah
Happy birthday to the both of you!

P/s; What I mentioned above were only the surface of what I did during my weekend but what matters most is now, I am welcoming the new week with a clearer and positive mindset!

I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did and I hope life is treating all of you well!

Sabrina Yussof

You May Also Like

0 comments