ACCUMULATED CURRENT FAVOURITES! VOL. 1

by - 16:17:00

I am a very boring and unadventurous person in terms of the products I use. I tend to stick like glue to certain products that work well for me and diverting to another will most probably take ages for me. Having said that, monthly favourites would therefore be close to impossible for me so I have decided to accumulate things I have been loving and share them with you lot!



1. Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Serum




Last month, my skin has started showing dry patches on my face. Knowing myself, I gave it time to go away by itself because my skin normally has its phases of being annoying especially when I am stressed out or tired. This time, however, the dry patches did not go away but it started to peel off really badly when I apply foundation on. I knew right then that I had to take action! I knew I did not want to purchase a whole new moisturizer because I already had mine and I wasn't planning on switching it up until I was completely done with it. Coming across this was an immediate eye-catcher for me! A pre-moisturiser was just what I needed. I picked this baby up and whipped out my membership card hoping to lessen the hole in my wallet. Still a tiny dent in my wallet, but it sure did save me from looking like I'm shedding.


2. Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne



Ever since I hit puberty, which was almost 10 years ago (heh), my skin has never cooperated with me. I have been battling acne and acne scars for most of these years and I have gone through dozens and dozens of products in hopes of curing this horrible dilemma. 
I used to despise the smell of Tea Tree oils because my mother used to slather bottles and bottles of tea tree oil on my face during my pre-teen years. I recently discovered this product a few months back during a vacation in Australia. My mother tried to convince me to try this product and surprisingly, it worked. I dab this on the giant craters on my face twice a day and it shrinks almost immediately. Not a definite cure, but I found myself thanking this for regulating those pesky pimples.

3. Misha's Cherry Blossom Hand Cream


I don't know about you but just seeing the word Misha, dollar signs flying away pops up in my head. This is, no doubt, one of the most expensive Korean brands I have tried out but one of the most effective ones! I was lucky enough to get this as a free gift when my mother purchased some products from this brand. 
I have recently been living off moisturizers and hand creams because my hands cannot go a day without being moisturized. It has been fragile lately especially because of all the skin rips I've gotten. I've gone through a lot of different hand creams but this one definitely did my palms justice! Unforunately, I'm almost all out of this stuff and I don't think I would want anymore dollar signs flying away.


4. Lanolin Oil Moisturising Cream




The reason behind this necessity has been stated above but here's another traditional Australian favourite that has been loved by the ladies of my family ever since I could remember. A trip to Australia each year will never be complete without at least two of these tubs brought back! An oldie but a goodie.

5. Dove's Clinical Protection Deodorant



Ok ladies, let's be honest.. Sometimes our armpits don't smell as good as we'd want them to.... Just me? Alright. I admit my armpits have always had a bit of a problem adjusting to normal deodorants. They apparently only want the "clinical protected" ones. Even my armpits are sassy. I spotted this baby when I was at a pharmacy in Australia and I knew I just had to give it a try. After a few days, a few good sniffs when I wake up, and no stains on my clothes, I knew I have found my saviour! I picked up another one and packed them for home. 
I am, however, on my second tub right now but luckily, I found a similar one here in Brunei! A different brand, but worth a try. Will have you guys on the loop about it when I start slathering it on my armpits! Hehe

6. Carmex's Moisturizing Lip Balm

My second tub and almost gone. Brunei, you have got to step up your lip balm game! Ship these blessed products here!! Like my armpits, my hands, and my skin, my lips are also very picky when it comes to the products I feed it. Other drugstore lip balms will do nothing to my lips but dry them out even more and make them shed. It's horrible and it's disgusting. My darling Carmex, however, keeps my lips as smooth as a baby's butt and I use it religiously every day.

7. Pantene's Hair Fall Control Shampoo and Conditioner



My hair, how can I forget my hair.. My hair also has it's own issues. When I was 16, I started having issues with hair fall. I remember running my fingers through my hair and seeing a few strands stuck in between my fingers every time. It finally got to me and I started to lose it "AM I GOING TO GO BALD?" 
For years, I have been on the search for the perfect shampoo that will help this problem. I have done many different treatments and sat through hours and hours of hair steaming and some fancy things they do to your hair when you tell them you have a problem with it. All it gave me was neck strain and a really bad neck massage.
I was very very shocked when I found a normal off the shelf shampoo that seemed to work for me. I have been using organic and expensive shampoos that diverting to a normal shampoo like this was quite a shock to me, in a good way! I missed how shampoos like these smell and I miss how it lathers perfectly! You ain't getting no lather with organic shampoos. I have noticed some small improvements ever since I've been using this shampoo and conditioner. I am still on the hunt for an even better one but I must say, this one saved me this time!

8. The Lost and the Found by Cat Clarke


The last but definitely not the least, the books that I zoomed past in just a few days! 
Having a sister who was taken away from your family and was gone for more than 10 years, but then she suddenly comes back, all grown up. How can you be completely sure things will be the same again? How would you feel? 
Cat Clarke got me in a wave of emotions and I sat through hours and hours reading this book. A good read after a long time of hiatus!



And there's a list of some things I have been loving! 
I am in search of a new foundations and a new hand cream, any suggestions?

I hope you all enjoyed this is long list! 

Liyana


You May Also Like

0 comments