Favorites: September 2015

by - 16:11:00

It’s now a new month and that means, it's time for a new favorites post! I know I’m a bit late for my September favorites post because honestly I was just so lazy to take photos of the things I’m going to talk about and since the power was out for a half an hour (or so) today, thought I’d take pictures of them to pass the time.

First: Mascara
Brand: Maybelline The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof
Purchased from: Guardian 



 

I know that this mascara is kind of old but just recently when I was going through all the makeup my sister didn’t bring with her to the UK, I found this mascara. I’ve worn this before but I’m not sure why I stopped because clearly, I love love love this mascara now. I wear this mascara almost everyday for the past month! If you’ve been following my favorite makeup posts then you will know that I always wear my NYX mascara but to be honest, I have not worn them for quite a while now. Guilty.

This mascara is amazing. It adds volume and length to my eyelashes, which makes it thicker but it still looks natural. It’s also waterproof (as stated) and I absolutely love waterproof products because my face gets oily so they tend to smudge if they’re not waterproof. It’s waterproof to the point that it’s a bit difficult for me to take it off. I’m not sure if it’s my makeup eraser or the mascara but I find it hard to take it off and that’s probably the only flaw I can say for this product.

Second: Lip Tint
Brand: Revlon Protective Lip Tint
Code: 060 Berry
Purchased from: Guardian

 

 


Whenever I’m in a hurry, which is almost all the time, I tend to always wear whatever lip products I carry in my handbag and this is one of them. I actually got this from years back honestly, when I was staying in KB at my cousin’s place and her mother bought this for me. I’m not sure if they still sell these though because it was from a long time ago but it still works so I still wear them. It wasn’t my go-to lip product at first because I don’t really like dark lips but somehow last month, I wore this color almost all the time. ALMOST. It’s easy to apply and it doesn’t dry out my lips; probably because it’s a lip tint. It also has SPF 15! Wonderful.

Third: Shampoo and Conditioner
Brand: Good Virtues Co.
Shampoo: Happy & Heavenly Anti Dandruff Care Shampoo Nourishing Hair Fall Protection
Conditioner: Helpful & Delightful Anti Dandruff Care Conditioner Nourishing Hair Fall Protection
Purcahsed From: Supasave



First of all, HOW CUTE IS THE PACKAGING??

You know I’m a sucker for cute packaging so they immediately caught my eyes. I was on a hunt of finding a new shampoo because the shampoo I used before this was the one I have been using for 3 years straight. The reason why I didn’t change it was because whenever I try to, my scalp ends up getting really itchy and flaky and it would only stop if I go back to the original shampoo that I was using. This happened a lot for the past 3 years and it was quite worrying because this shampoo worked well at first and in the end my hair just got used to it, I guess.

So when I bought these two, I was really hoping that my scalp won’t get all itchy and flaky because if they did, I would be so disappointed on not being able to continue using the shampoo and conditioner. After 2 weeks of using them, my scalp wasn’t itchy AT ALL. I was quite surprised because as I said, no matter how many times I’ve tried to change my shampoo, I couldn’t BUT FINALLY, after 3 years, I have found the PERFECT shampoo and conditioner!!

It doesn’t only smell nice, but it doesn’t make my hair oily nor does it make my scalp itchy. I see no dandruff on my hair, amazing but I still have hair falls from time to time so I probably just have to keep continue using them. Bonus point for the packaging, of course. Sigh. I just love these two!

Forth: Movie 
Title: Inside Out

Credit: Google
Now, I actually watched this movie last August with my family and I don’t know why I didn’t put it in my August Favorites because this movie deserves to be in a favorites post. I am the type of person who would always be down to watch animation movies, and if I were to list all the animation movies I love, it would be never-ending. When my siblings first talked about it, I had no idea what’s it about as I’m not the type of person who watches trailers. I prefer to just go in the movies without expecting or knowing anything about it but somehow the title got me curious and it got me thinking, what kind of movie is this?

So I went on youtube and watched the trailer and honestly from that moment, I couldn’t stop bothering my family about it. I was curious on how the story goes and I was curious on how it will end. I don’t want to spoil it to anyone who hasn’t watched it but the movie wasn’t a boring one, at least to me cause there would always be something happening. It’s wonderful.

AND. They had a short animation clip before that too that made me sing along and dance to it! I have the song on my phone now and I listen to it all the time. So to anyone who hasn’t watched it, YOU SHOULD. I’m not really sure if they’re still showing it but if they are, go go go watch!

Last: Quote

Credit: WeHeartIt

Once you’ve read the quote, I’m sure you understand what it means. Last month was quite a rough month for me as I lost one of the special people in my life, assignments were building up, people were getting on each others’ nerves and all those things. So there are times when I feel like I just want to shut the world and just be alone, not talking to anyone, not doing any task, just simply do nothing but then I thought, there are so many things to do, so many responsibilities that I don’t have time to mope around and do nothing. I told myself whatever that is going on in my life, people out there have it worse, I should be thankful for all the blessings I have.

Everyday might not be a good day but at least I have a roof above my head, meals on my plate and most importantly education. We are so blessed living in Brunei that the government either pays or subsides almost everything. There are a lot of people who depend on me, who need me and I can’t just let myself crumble for so long. Yes, I broke down but I told myself to immediately get back up. I had one bad night that made me lose my focus for the whole day, the next day but Alhamdulillah, at the end of the day I managed to gain back my senses.

This quote means a lot to me, it might sound sassy but it’s true. Whatever situation you are in, make sure to be professional about it. Don’t let personal matters affect your work or your schoolwork. It is ok to cry, it is ok to have a day off from everything but you have to tell yourself, once this is over, I’m going to leave whatever I just let out and move on with my life. As what was quoted “no matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up.”

That is all for last month’s favorites! Till next time.

All photos are taken by me, otherwise stated.

Sabrina Yussof

You May Also Like

0 comments