Be confident with what you wear!

by - 17:19:00

Being confident with yourself can be easy for some people but it can also be the most difficult task for others. We tend to get insecure with every single thing and that includes on how we dress. Dressing well is in no doubt the best way to increase our confidence but the question is how can we be confident with ourselves even if we can’t be confident with what we wear? Others may have different tactics on how they can be confident with what they wear but let me just share mine.

1. Get inspired.
Choosing my own outfits and finding my own style is difficult for me, therefore I look for inspirations everywhere; I buy fashion magazines, I go to fashion websites and I even go on fashion-related instagram accounts. There are lots of ideas and inspirations that you can get from all these sources, especially instagram. Why give yourself a headache on searching for fashion websites when you can go to instagram? Be nosy and look at how others style themselves, they might even suit you!

2. Be brave and hear what people say.
Once you’ve decided on what style you want to go with then make sure you put that to the test! Go out and show the world your new style AND make sure you hear what people say. Criticism is hard, although, those honest remarks are the ones that will make you stronger. If your friends don’t think you suit that style then take into consideration BUT you have to know that at the end of the day, its YOU who choose what style you want regardless of what people say.

I’ve tried many styles before and my friends gave me their opinions about it too so I listened. I get sad when they say this certain style doesn’t suit me but maybe they are right. I am the type of person who doesn’t know my own personality, I know what I like and what I don’t but it’s hard to describe myself to others when they want to get to know me. So with that, I choose to listen to others.

But again, at the end of the day, it’s your choice whether to stick to that style or change up a few things. Your new style might even grow on your friends, you wouldn’t know!

3. Stay positive!
Sounds cliché but it helps a lot. I often have times where I don’t feel confident in what I wear that day but sometimes I chose not to care about it. I have amazing people around me who won’t judge me regardless anything, so why worry? Stay positive and smile! A smile is the best makeup every girl can wear! And I totally agree with the statement. Show them that beautiful smile and people would care less about what you wear!

I know it’s hard to be confident when you see a lot of people wearing pretty outfits and everything but that’s their life. You have to live yours too! And hiding yourself because you’re not confident won’t get you anywhere. You’ll realize you’ll be happier once you stop caring what others say about you.
Though this may contradict what I mentioned earlier, but as I said, in the end it’s YOUR choice.

I have a few #ootds that I’d like to share. Who knows these might help!

1.
Shawl: I made it myself
Jumper: FashionValet 
Bag: Sofina3 Signature by Sometime
Pants: iTop

I often like wearing all black and pairing it up with my Sofina 3 Signature!

2.

Shawl: Myself 
Sweater: GAP
Bag: Something Borrowed
Pants: Diesel
Heels: Zalora (I think)

I wore this for a movie night with my family!

3. 
Shawl: I'm not sure!
Blouse: Alrezkhanz 
Pants: This, I'm not sure as well 
Bag: DKNY 
Sometimes I just mix match different colors to my outfit!
4.
Shawl: Aniqah Collections
Blouse: I'm not sure,
Skirt: Forever21
Bag: Guess 
Heels: Zalora 
When I feel extra girly I wear skirts!
 4.
Shawl: Myself 
Top: Not sure (same top as above!!)
Skirt: Alrezkhanz 
Bag: Sofina3 Signature by Sometime
Flats: Not sure (It says V though, hmm)

And again! I love flowy skirts! 
5.

Shawl: Not sure 
Blouse: Dorothy Perkins
Jeans: Diesel
Bag: Mango  

I wear this when I'm lazy (which is almost all the time)

So there you go! Outfits I often wear! 
You can see that I wear almost the same thing all the time but I tend to switch it up once in a while too. So you don't actually need a number of clothes. Just be creative! 
Hope this helps even a tiny bit!

Sabrina Yussof

You May Also Like

0 comments