Everything else doesn't matter

I have been contemplating on what topic I should write for my next blog post for quite sometime now and as you can see; I haven’t posted anything for over 2 weeks now. A lot of things have happened over the past couple of weeks; Liyana and I with 2 of our friends went for a road trip, Liyana with her BoSE competition and many more. I’m sure Liyana is going to talk about that soon, so wait for it! But even with blog post worthy events I would always get stuck writing about them so I figured I’d write about something else.

I will be turning 20 this year and growing up, I have always been so concerned with my appearance, how I speak and etc. So a lot of questions went through my mind; will people like me if I look this way? Will they want to be friends with me? Are they still going to be friends with me even if I’m not that smart? Those sorts of things. But then as I get older, yes, I know I’m not even 20 yet but I’ve come to realize something, all of that don’t matter. Regardless of whether you are a boy or a girl, I know each and everyone of us has had those insecurities before, if you have overcome that then good for you! And if you haven’t then that’s okay.

The point of me writing about this topic is that, I want to tell those people who are very much insecure with their looks and all those mentioned that, you are not alone. There are people in the world who also think the way you do but then again, I want you to change that. I don’t want people to get hurt because they over think about these unnecessary things. Yes this is unnecessary. You could be enjoying your life right now but if you over think about these things, it could prevent you from doing what you want.

What I mean by that is, what if there is something that you want to do, for example public speaking. You have the passion and the ability to be good at it but you don’t have the courage to get up on that stage because you are scared people might judge you based on your looks… Well let me tell you something, it doesn’t matter! It’s sad to think that your passion, desire, skills and all that will go to waste just because of that fear.

Honestly, people will judge you no matter what, even the prettiest girl gets judged, but that’s their problem. There will always be people who will bring you down but what matters is that how you react to that. You can choose to let them win and let it get to you OR you can go up on that stage and do what you do! Tell yourself that those people who are going to talk about you, or the ones who have, that they don’t matter. And I’m not only talking about looks here but simply anything that makes people insecure about themselves, please keep this in mind.

I met a girl once back in high school and she told me she gets insecure when talking to most of her friends because they speak English fluently and she can’t. Of course I told her that it doesn’t matter if she couldn’t speak well, just try. If there are mistakes, people can correct her and she can improve with that. So, she took my advice, she set her fears aside and little did everyone know, she joined an English speech competition and got into the top 3! How amazing is that! I’m so proud of her.

So to wrap up my extremely long post, I just want to say to everyone that you are all special and beautiful in your own way. People will judge you no matter what, trust me, they will. But you have to keep in mind that how you react to that is the most important of all. Shake it off and live your life the way you want to! Don’t listen to those people, they’ll just bring you down and you know what they say, when people want to bring you down, it means you are already above them. Secure your spot at the top! There are people who could care less about all these things and love you for who you truly are. Be yourself! Being fake will get you a lot of friends but being real will get you the right ones. So stop worrying about all these things okay? We’re here for you!

Sorry for the extremely long post!

Sabrina


You May Also Like

0 comments