The brighter side of the coin

Exams are over, the first year of Uni is done and I am back in the blogging momentum!

How I've missed this blog!
Hey guys! It took me a few days to get back to this blog after exams ended because I had to settle in. With everything going on around me and going on in my life, I hardly had enough time to take a breather! 

So for my first post back, let me tell you how the my semester has been overall.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here or not but I sure remember tweeting this multiple times - this semester has been Brutal with a capital B.

I had multiple breakdowns during the semester trying to juggle all my extra curricular activities, my academics and personal time. Everything got even tougher every passing day and I constantly questioned my decisions. I think I shed more tears than I thought I was capable of and I was in constant pain. I started losing sleep, I drag myself out of bed every morning tired and drowsy only to dread the day ahead of me. I was constantly scraping the bottom of the barrel for any extra energy to help me continue the day. 

What helped me get through this semester was the success I got from all my hard work. I am definitely not saying that in everything I do, I achieved success. No. I definitely faced failures and that added on to my stress but my success outweighed all the failures I got - in terms of quality, not quantity. I hold everything I've achieved with so much pride and happiness that it eliminates the sorrow my failures gave me. And I am proud of how far I've come in a short period of time. 

I've been so busy with all these that I barely had time to set aside for family and friends. Everything has been so fast paced that I forgot to feel the guilt of not spending time with my loved ones. When semester break started, the guilt was dropped on me and it hit me hard. Then I realised it was not only guilt but I miss everyone. Among those people are my very best friends, ever since high school. Most of them are in the UK now and the distance between us has been difficult.




Guys, this post is for you.
Things may not be the same like how it used to be, it may never go back that way. But it can be better. We've all shared the same school and same environment for years, but now it has changed. We can either see this as a barrier to our friendship or a chance for it to grow. I choose to see it as a chance for us to explore new things together. Why limit our friendship to a single place? 
We can explore together. We can learn new things together. We can grow together.

No matter where you all are, I miss all of you very very much.

Liyana

You May Also Like

0 comments