You do you

by - 11:18:00

It's that time of that semester where everything gets out of hand and things crumble down piece by piece. I panic almost every minute of everyday while I try to put on a composed face. As usual, I don't get things done one by one. I let everything flood me and test my patience. Most of the times, trying to be composed doesn't work anymore. I hate knowing that I did not give my best in the things I do and I let that haunt me.

However, I feel like this year could be better (in terms of handling my stress). I want it to be. I need it to be. I've been telling myself some things to get myself through each and everyday. If I stick with it for a while, it might actually really work.

1. Positive thoughts
It's been said that your thoughts shape your reality so I decided to put it to the test. I've been trying to mould my thoughts and shift them into something more positive and brighter in hopes that it'll lessen the pain of everything. Every waking day, I force myself into the positive zone even though sometimes, it's a tough battle. It's a work in progress but If I believe, I can.

2. Not everything deserves a reaction
I react to everything and that's not necessarily a good thing. When something bad happens, I'm like a chemical reaction that doesn't just fizzle, I explode! In chemistry class, I thought that inert gasses were useless. Why do they even exist anyway? But if you think about it, if all gasses reacted, wouldn't we be living our lives on our tiptoes hoping nothing explodes on us? Sometimes, inert is good after all.

3. Those who matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter.
I'm sure this phrase is  more than well known and a lot of people probably live by this quote. But it's true. The only opinions you should take into account are of those who are dearest to you because if they really are on your side, anything they say is just for your best interests. I've had my fair share of rude comments and harsh words thrown at  me, and yes it hurts! But in relation to my second point, reacting to it is probably not the wisest thing to do. Not everyone will understand your journey and everyone will have an opinion on everything you do but that's okay! You do you, you do you.

These things I tell myself are slowly working, I hope it works for you too.

Keep on being amazing, folks.

and may God bless us all.

Liyana Sidek

You May Also Like

0 comments