Why are you doing the same thing as others?

by - 15:13:00

So the other day I met a friend from high school and seeing that we haven’t seen each other for a while we both had the courtesy to ask how we were and one of her question caught me off guard and that was; “Why are you doing the same thing as others? Why start a blog? Everyone’s doing that now, what makes you think that you’ll have readers?”

I was speechless.

I knew that she meant it in a nice way but I did not expect her to ask me that kind of question. I didn’t know what to answer back then so I just said, “I don’t know, because I like it.”

And its true, I do, I like blogging a lot.

I may not write as frequent as other people and our blog may not be as fancy as others but that doesn’t mean that I should stop doing what I love to do. I love sharing stories, I love to inspire people with my words, I love to express myself in a way that people can easily understand and I love writing; even when I know my level is below most people.

I see a lot of people are starting to get into blogging, fashion, and honestly, I never once felt demotivated or discouraged because of that; for, my sole intention for creating a blog is to share - never to compete. I embarked on this journey in hopes for one day, I could change someone’s life and that hope is still there. I may not have a lot of “followers” or “readers” and people may not like the way I write but it doesn’t matter. I like what I do, and no one can change my feelings towards something that I like (or someone. Epp).


So friend, this is my answer. I know your intentions were good so I’m not at all mad at you, in fact, thank you for giving me something to write about! Haha.

Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments