UpWrite, What's Your Story?


In case you guys do not know some things about me, here's some background story for this particular post! 
  • On my first semester of Uni, the first club I joined was The Writer's Club.
  • I was appointed the next Chief Editor (President) of the club upon joining because the club was struggling to find a replacement for the previous president.
  • The next semester was a huge struggle for me, trying to keep the club going and keep it afloat. 
During my second semester, I told myself I'll quit. I'll drop it. I can't take it anymore! I was starting to pull my hair out trying to think of ways to keep members interested and keep them from disappearing. But I stayed. 

Before third semester started, I told myself... this time, for sure! I was ready to drop it all but somehow, I had a tug of faith and that little voice inside me told me to hang out just for a little while. It told me to wait. For what, I don't know. 

Maybe I just got lucky or maybe my other extra curricular activities finally proved to be beneficial, but at one of the orientation events I organized, I got the privilege of meeting the co-founders of Creativity 180, a marketing branding company on campus. Long story short, they found out that I was in charged of the Writer's Club and the rest was history. 

Of course, it wasn't as easy as it sounds. Multiple sessions of meetings had to be scheduled before we even came up with the initial idea. We were warned that this would be tough, starting from scratch and building from nothing at all. My 3 other writers and I agreed without a second thought. I knew, I just knew that this was the opportunity we needed, to not only lift the club up but this could also benefit our future. 

And there was the birth of UpWrite!





This website is, yes no doubt, still a baby. But it's our baby. 
All my life, I've always loved writing. Most of all, I loved stories. I grew up falling asleep to bedtime stories and waking up just to write them. Now tell me, how is this not a dream come true? 
Some people learnt how to run before they could walk, some people learnt how to sing before they could talk. But me, I learned how to write before I knew what being happy meant. The one memory that stood out the most was when I struggled to write the letter A. I struggled, with tears filling my eyes as my mother asked "How can you not know how to??" Happiness was when I finally did and I never stopped writing from then on.




So ladies and gentlemen, what's your story? 

Official email for UpWrite: liyana@upwrite.org

Everyone's stories deserve to be shared.

Liyana



You May Also Like

0 comments