Food I crave ALL THE TIME

Every month, I always ALWAYS crave for the same food over and over again. I know, its crazy. I could tell people that I’m craving for this particular food one day and they would always say, “Didn’t you just eat it last week?” the answer would always be yes. Although, there are only a few that are worthy enough for me to crave over and over again each month.

If you’re close to me or if you follow me on my social networks, you would have seen this coming; Yes. It’s my #1 favorite food ever, Ambuyat!


I have been loving ambuyat for as long as I can remember. Though, I am not quite sure when was the first time I tried them but I knew I dipped them in sweet soy sauce before the actual dip for ambuyat. You eat ambuyat with many side dishes as well but it depends to your own preferences.

I love eating my ambuyat with sayur kangkung, lalap, daging urat, hati buyah and telur dadar (I googled and telur dadar is omelet…..WHAT. I had no idea!!!!) and if you think you recognize those side dishes, yes, they are from Aminah Arif. They honestly make the ambuyat taste extra delicious. If you haven’t tried ambuyat, I would totally recommend this but I know not all will like it. I know I do!!!


Nasi Ayam Penyet (Smashed chicken with rice) would go second because I somehow always crave for them many times in every month too. A month without ayam penyet (smashed chicken) even ONCE would make me feel incomplete. Ayam penyet always comes with sambal (sauce typically made from a variety of chili peppers and secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, sugar, lime juice, and rice vinegar or other vinegars; Thanks Wiki) and it could either be spicy or not BUT I personally think ayam penyet should be eaten with spicy sambal!


Third would be Chlocits’ Banoffee Pie! According to my friend Wikipedia, Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee from boiled condensed milk, either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both.

THIS has got to be my favorite dessert ever! I always have random moments where I would crave for banoffee pie and I have to say that chlocits’ has the best banofee pie ever. Their banoffee pie always taste so fresh and it is always so crunchy! But what I love about Chlocits’ banoffee pie other than those two I mentioned; it is also not sweet, regardless of the cream on top of the pie. I can finish the whole thing by myself unlike the rest of the desserts. 10/10 for chlocits and I think their banoffee pie is the reason I crave for them all the time!

I’m pretty sure I have more cravings but that is it for now as I can’t find other photos of the food I crave all the time on my phone and I was quite surprised to be honest because I am the type of person who takes photos of food, regardless where, what kind of food or who I’m with! It gets on people’s nerves but please love me as I am people.



Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments