First experiences and memories PART 2.3

A while later once we've finished setting up our tents, the boys went down to the river to get some clean water while the girls make dinner. We were given cooking equipments and some canned food as well as instant foods so it won't be hard for us to eat. And we all decided to make Indo Mee, and Mee kari with Cornbeef for that night. The mood got a lot better once we've all eaten, and I was starting to feel calm again. There were lots of smiles and laughters while we were enjoying our meals so I was thankful of that. Washing up was a problem as we didn't have any bathroom, obviously we were in a jungle and if we wanted to clean ourselves, we would have to go down to the river. Again, there was a small muddy hill and we had to go down the step to the river. Knowing how scared I was, everyone helped me get down and get up. I was so touched with all their help. They're simply the best! 

Later that night the coach wanted to see us before we go to bed to discuss about the jungle trekking and the activity the next day. So he asked us to give our thoughts on the jungle trekking, what can we learn from it and etc. Most of us said we made it out because everyone helped each other, everyone trusted each other. And some also said that in real world, the heavy bag that we had to carry symbolized our burden, if we continued the journey alone, with that heavy burden, we wouldn't have made it but since everyone helped one another, the weight of the burden wasn't an issue and we know that as long as we have each other, we will be sure to conquer any obstacles and hardships that life will throw at us in the future.

When it was my time to speak, I couldn't stop saying sorry because I told them I felt guilty and all that and I almost cried, again. I was being so emotional because it came sincerely from my heart but everyone was so supportive towards me. Though everyone accepted my apology, Khai mentioned that those apologies were not necessary as all the times he helped us, it was all sincere and we didn't need to feel sorry for that. Everyone agreed to that statement and even I did. Because if I helped someone with something they aren't comfortable with, I wouldn't want them to apologize because we understand how they feel about that particular thing and we accept them for who we are. I'm sure Khai meant it that way. But I was still sorry towards everyone anyway. hehe. 

It got a bit emotional towards the end and we also had tons of laughters because let me tell you, you will never get bored when you're with all these people. They're amazing. So after our long (it was kinda long) discussion, we head to bed and I thought it was going to be hard to sleep considering I'd be sleeping on the not-so-flat ground but guess who was the first one to fall asleep. Meeeeeee. The rest was still talking to one another.

We had three tents, one for the boys, and two for the girls; Bazilah, Ziqah and I slept in the middle. The guys, Khai, Rawi and Zimul slept in the tent on our left and the other girls, Muni, Angie and Zati slept on our right. We decided to divide ourselves like that because the three of us, in the middle are the #TeamSleep. We fall asleep faster than the rest so thats the reason why. Both the tents next to us were still talking to each other but obviously I didn't know what they were talking about as I was the first one to fall asleep.

That's it for the second day! Next post will be pictures from Rawi and Cikgu Ali.

You May Also Like

0 comments