First experiences and memories PART 2.2

Later that morning after we finished cleaning up, we head over to the other side to eat our breakfast and prepared ourselves for doom. The reason I said that was because the next activity was jungle trekking and camping in the jungle. Yep, the two things I hate the most. After our breakfast, we were told to take the gears needed for the jungle trekking and camping. We were given bags, bottles, sticks, tents and food to be used for jungle trekking and camping. Once our gears were completed, we had to pack them inside our bags, along with all the food they provided, as well as the tents. Our bags were ALL sincerely heavy!! I got really, really worried because I can NOT go jungle trekking with all these things on my back, I just can't. Though I thought my bag was the heaviest, but Rawi, again, his name is mentioned, haha, I think he had the heaviest bag of all because he had to carry the water filter and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, I couldn't lift the water filter with only one hand. Maybe I could if I use more power but it was THAT heavy. 

After we finished packing, the coach gave us a briefing about the activities, he told us that we needed to find ways to go around ourselves, and to arrive at the destination before sun down. The extra items given were a compass and two maps, and the maps were complicated for me. I threw away geography a long time ago so I forgot how it works but thank god some of my friends knew. I was completely useless in that section. Well, completely useless during jungle trekking too but let's not go there yet. Once the briefing is done, everything's packed, we head back to the other side to start our jungle trekking. Before we went in, we had a group photo and read our prayers, which is a must in anything. Bazilah sadly couldn't join us because of medical reasons but we were going to meet her at the camping site later on, so all of us, except Bazilah went for the jungle trekking. 

In normal days, I am one to avoid anything to do with hiking, jungle trekking and all that is similar. It's not that I don't like the outdoors, it's just I don't like... doing all that stuff. Though due to unavoidable circumstances, I had no choice but to do so as it is part of the course. I was medically fit, so I had no reason to be left out. So, we began our journey and after a few minutes in, we requested to rest as it was hard to walk around while carrying a heavy bag. As we continued, we requested for more rest because everything was so unfamiliar and we were all already tire but I think I was the most tired because as I said, I don't like jungle trekking. Though we had no choice but to we continue if we wanna get to our destination before sun down and oh boy, I did not expect the journey would be a tough one. I knew it was going to be difficult, but I didn't know I would end up in tears. The path we took was definitely challenging as we moved deeper into the jungle; there were paths that were muddy and my friend behind me fell a few times. 

Seeing that my friend kept falling, everyone growing tired, my back felt like it was going to break, it really triggered my mind and I couldn't help thinking about all the bad things. A while after that, I took a wrong move and fell, and since then, I thought my heart was going to explode because it started to beat so fast but I told myself everything was going to be okay. Soon after, I fell again, but I shook it off and the cycle repeated until I couldn't think of anything except the thought of falling down. There was this path where we had to climb up a small hill because there was no other way and sadly, the hill was very muddy. Khai lead the way since the beginning and at the hill, he was the only who helped everyone climb up, as we all know it was really slippery and muddy. But when it was my turn, even with Khai's help, I fell and I got really frustrated at myself so I snapped and told them to help me remove my bag because I genuinely feel that it was the reason that made everything difficult. Once I removed my bag, I attempted to climb up again, and with the help of everyone (I don't remember who helped me because I was so scared to even be aware of my surroundings) I managed to climb up. Though the hardship did not end there. 

As we move forward, we kept going up the hill and of course, when you go up the hill, there will be a point where you have to go down and going down the hill is the part I fear the most. When I saw how muddy the paths were, I got even more scared. I asked my friend, Muni who was behind me at all times to go in front of me and help me. I followed her footsteps and if she placed her foot there, I would too but at some points Muni fell which made me super duper scared. I was probably the slowest one there and I felt bad for the people behind me because they had to wait for me to go down and then they can make their move. I fell down a few times and I tripped a few times but there was this part where I slid down because it was slippery and that moment, I completely lost it. Even Khai who was behind me was telling me to keep calm, and to not stand up immediately. He calmly told me to breathe and stand up when I'm ready but I was being stubborn, I knew I slowed the team down, so I just stood back up after that, of course it took me a few seconds but I didn't have the time to let myself calm down. I was already crying that time though I wasn't sobbing like a kid but I definitely had tears rolling down my face. Oh and I forgot to mention when we were going down the hill, the weather pitied us so it cried. Sigh. Yes it rained. 

Once we were done with going down the hill, it was back to a straight pathway, and a lot of things went through my mind, "Why did I join this course?" "Why am I even an MPP?" "Why am I so slow!!" and all the negative things. I felt really bad for everyone who helped me, I kept feeling guilty, I was not smiling at all. 5 hours later, we arrived at our destination and I wasn't feeling any better. Relieved that I made it out but I still felt so bad, so guilty towards everyone because I know I was really troublesome during the jungle trekking. When we arrived at the camping site, Bazilah also arrived and I complained a lot to her. Since we were behind schedule, we had to set up our tents immediately after we arrived so everyone helped each other and I was honestly trying to be useful and tried to do more work than everyone else because I was still very guilty. Muni saw how stunned I was and she comforted me. I can't be more thankful for that.

You May Also Like

0 comments