Cinderella 2015 Movie Review


Yes, this movie. Ever since I watched the trailer last year, I've been itching to watch this movie because based on the trailer, this movie follows the exact fairy tale we all listened to as children.
But did it?
On the way to the movies that day, I was going on and on about how I was excited to watch it when Nash tried to burst my bubble by saying that movies are never like their original stories. Half of me denied it but half of me secretly - sort of - believed him because maybe for most movies, it's sort of true. 

But after watching it? I'd say the movie stuck to the original story 98% of the time and I was happy it did! The 2% was just the part where Ella met the prince before the ball, but didn't know who he was. Other than that, - maybe depending on which fairy tale versions you've been told - the movie followed the original story and the fact that it did was fantastic!

Now, I'd rate the movie only a 5/10. Why? 
I had only good things to say about it so far but I gave it only a 5 not because I didn't like it per se but it's more of a personal preference. I am not a huge fan of super cheesy movies because they make me cringe. But what did I expect out of a fairy tale?? Cinderella, no less??? Of course it would be cheesy!! facepalm
I like it but it's not a movie I would pay to watch for a second time in the cinemas. I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed this more than I do but overall, it was a nice one!

p/s: I just say that this movie did not disappoint my initial expectations of it?? It was nice, just not amazing.

p/p/s: Lily James was absolutely stunning!!



Liyana


You May Also Like

0 comments