August Favorites!

So, during lunch I talked about the blog with my family and my sister gave me an incredible idea on what to blog about! She told me she wants to be given credit for suggesting the idea so here you go, shout out to my sister, Syahirah Firzanah for giving me the idea to blog about my August favorites!

I was thinking hard on what to include in my august favorites because I am not sure how all these monthly favorites work, do you mention the things you bought in August which you love or do you talk about the things you bought a few or couple of months earlier and still loving to this date? And I’ve decided to go with the latter. Also, I am planning to do this for every month but I will be limiting the things to only 5 of them!

So,
First is Perfume: Anna Sui Forbidden Affair


I have always been a perfume lover and a perfume collector; I could have more than 2 perfumes but I would only use one. I know, it’s a bad habit but often the reason why I buy a lot of perfumes is because I love the packaging. Yes, I am a sucker for pretty packaging and I would purchase that item right away when I see the packaging is cute. Sigh. I need help.

Anyway so last June I went to Singapore for my holiday and I bought different types of perfume, one of them was Anna Sui’s Forbidden Affair. I love the smell of this perfume; it has such a sweet smell. It doesn’t give out that strong smell as well, where you would cough nonstop the moment you inhale the smell. Yeah, I hate those types of perfume. AND the packaging is so cute too! I am in love with the shape of the bottle! The top looks like a crown, or is it just me.

Although I have to say the name of the perfume sounds sad but it doesn’t matter because the smell is amazing and I use this perfume almost all the time. Why not all the time? Because I want to save this perfume for as long as possible! I don’t get to travel a lot so I rarely have the chance to buy all these stuff so I try to save up whenever I can. Though if I were desperate, I would go online and buy them.

Second is Clothing: GAP Sweater


I have been loving this sweater from GAP lately. I use it all the time but mostly at night when it’s a bit cool. Bruneians know how the weather has been very unpredictable lately. It could be raining cats and dogs one time and all sunny the next. So I wear this sweater whenever it’s chilly. I love the fabric of this sweater; it’s not that thick but its also not that thin. Though, the color was the first thing that attracted me to even look at this sweater because I have been obsessed with gray lately. I don’t know why too. It’s just really pretty in my eyes.

Third is Eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner

You may realize in my previous makeup post that I talked about this eyeliner. Yep, it’s Stila’s Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner. Honest to God that this eyeliner stands by their name, first it does stay all day and second it is really waterproof. As I mentioned in my previous post as well that people say that whenever you have an oily face, your eyeliner or your mascara will still smudge no matter what. I have an oily skin and this eyeliner doesn’t smudge, AT ALL. I also love the fact that this eyeliner is easy to apply, because I know there are other eyeliners out there makes it hard to draw a perfect line but I can assure you, if you use this eyeliner, you will do it with ease. Well…. If you’ve got enough practice that is. Hehe.

Fourth is Makeup Remover: Makeup Eraser


I wanted to talk about this on a separate post because I figure it deserves a post on its own, as this is definitely one of the Holy Grail products, EVER. I got my makeup eraser from my sister (thanks zats) and I have to say, I save more money now because I use this instead of my previous makeup cleansers. The only thing you need is water and you just clean your face with the damp towel.

I didn’t believe in the makeup eraser before this because you need more than just water to cleanse your face! So when I used it for the first time, I re-cleanse my face with my sephora makeup cleanser and NOTHING was on the cotton pad. Nothing. It’s safe to say that the towel cleared up most of my makeup.
Although, whenever I have more makeup on my face than usual, I would wipe my face with the towel twice. The towel also has two sides, and the bottom one is for you to exfoliate. It really smoothens my face every time I use it. It’s amazing. I would totally recommend this product.

Last is Skincare: Innisfree green tea balancing cream


I have an oily-combination skin and I have been on a hunt to find the perfect moisturizer to make my face less oily. This moisturizer has got to be the closest one! It’s not the perfect one I’ve been looking for but it does make my face less oily. Which I really really love! It doesn’t suffocate my skin after I apply it and it dries out quickly. So yay for that!

Though in Brunei we don’t have Innisfree so I have to order it online before it runs out because I don’t have plans on changing it any time soon. I want to see if it really does make a difference to my face and it smells really good too! I love anything green tea. They’re amazing.

So, those are my top five favorite products so far! 

What are yours? I’d love to know! I might even try some.

p/s; I would like to thank Mr.Google for the 4 photos I use above. 

Sabrina

You May Also Like

0 comments